Please take a tour of this awesome Russian church, complete with musical accompaniment. As our Western churches sink deeper into Christian Zionism apostasy, it’s heartening to see Christian symbols being restored in Christian Russia, once the hotbed of Communist-Zionist Bolshevism.
The Church of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin on the Nerl River (1165 AC) near Bogolyubovo village is a greatest monument of Russian architecture. Being an important component of the White Monuments of Vladimir and Suzdal, the Church belongs to the World Heritage of UNESCO. This remarkable Russian heritage attraction was built on the man-made hill, at the confluence of Nerl and Klyazma Rivers. The 5-meter deep foundation of the Church was especially designed to protect it from flood. The amazing fact: it took only one year to build this Church. The Life of Andrey Bogolyubsky says «This church is to by erected within one year and create home for monastics”. This chronicle shows that the Church is related to the victorious campaign of Vladimir’s army to Bulgarians, and to the death of Knyaz Andrey’s son Izyaslav.
It is a miracle that the Church of the Intercession has survived to our days. At the end of 18th century the abbot of the Bogolyubsky monastery, under whose supervision the Church of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin was kept, decided to disassemble the building – it didn’t bring any profit – because the monastery needed bricks to build a belfry. Fortunately, the abbot didn’t have enough funds to commence the demolition. Unfortunately, original interior frescos were lost during its reconstruction in 1877.