So why would he even glibly say that WikiLeaks founder ought to be assassinated?
It’s because Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s ex-advisor Professor Tom Flanagan is a Christian Zionist, an extremist evangelical who puts the racist State of Israel “first,” even before God. Christian Zionists Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin believe WikiLeaks whistle blowers should be executed. Of course, Christian Zionists (“Israel-firsters”) don’t surprise me. Look at what a few famous Christian Zionists have said:
- Rev. Dr. Jerry Falwell: “[E]very act taken by [Zionist] Israel is orchestrated by God…”
- Rev. Dr. Pat Robertson: “[I]f he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him [president of Venezuela], I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it.”
- Rev. Malcolm Hedding (Pentecostal): “There is no such thing as a Palestinian.”
- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin: “I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded…”
- Rev. Dr. Charles McVety: “Shame on the Presbyterian church…Israel has given Christians everything they have…” (You’ll have to watch a few boring minutes before you get to the reverend’s pompous accusations.)
- Dave Hunt: “[A] land called Palestine is a hoax!”
- Rev. Dr. John Hagee: “[Zionist] Israel is America’s closest and most trusted ally.”
- Hal Lindsey: “[O]ur friendship with the Israelis is one of the reasons we’ve survived as a nation.”
These statements show that Christian Zionists worship the racist state of Israel while God gets second place. Looks like they also believe that Jesus was some kind of real estate broker.
Christian Zionists think it’s Christian to enable bloody wars and “preemptive strikes,” inflicting pain and suffering; to recommend assassination of government and other leaders; and to teach a theology that promotes genocide. I don’t.